Central Office Line Simulator - OverviewThe AI-7280 is a highly flexible central office line simulator. It is designed primarily for the testing and verification of common terminal equipment, including standard telephones, Caller ID devices, SMS (Short Message Service) capable equipment, and any device using an analog Tip/Ring interface circuit.
Supplied with the TRsSim software for Windows, it can analyze a telephone's DTMF characteristics, pulse dialing and flash timing, generate various network tones and ringing patterns. Both Type I (on-hook) and Type II (off-hook) Caller ID is supported using either FSK or DTMF data transmission. As an optional component, the TRsSim software can perform SMS testing to either the ETSI protocol 1 or protocol 2 standards.
View screen shots >>>
- Send and receive Bell 202 or V.23 FSK for SMS testing applications
- Type I (on-hook) & Type II (off-hook) Caller ID Signal Generation (both FSK and DTMF)
- Programmable line voltage and loop current telephone interface
- Programmable line impedance and balance impedance.
- Generates network tones (up to four frequencies), DTMF, FSK, MF, and AM signals
- Generates ringing with adjustable frequency, level, dc offset voltage, phase, and wave shape
- Measure signal frequency, level, THD+N, DTMF level & frequency
- Various selectable measurement filters, including low pass, high pass, band pass, notch, C-message
- Measure DC line voltage and loop current
- Programmable noise, echo, OSI, and line reversal impairments
- External BNC connectors for audio monitoring and loop-through
- USB and RS-232 interface to PC
- Sending and receiving ETSI SMS messages to and from protocol 1 and protocol 2 compliant telephones.
- Testing the Caller ID capability of telephony devices
- Testing telephony signaling (dialing, network tone detection)
- Integration into user developed testing systems via the supplied DLL drivers.
- SM-SC Emulation: AI-ET001
Support for SM Service Center Emulation is an optional component to the TRsSim software. It allows for testing of a SMS capable TE to either the ETSI ES 201 912 protocol 1 or protocol 2 standard. Short messages are both received by the SM-TE or can be sent to the SM-TE. Designed as a testing tool, the software allows complete control over the DLL (data link layer) and TL (transfer layer) messages for exception condition testing.
More Information >>>
- Advanced Caller ID: AI-ET002
Support for the Advanced Caller ID functions is an optional component to the TRsSim software. It expands the basic Caller ID capabilities to include more flexible control over the physical layer settings (FSK, DTMF, impairments, signaling & timing) and message layer settings (channel seizure bits, mark bits, message encoding, checksum encoding, mark out bits).
More Information >>>
- Additional Line Impedance: AI-E701
Adds a forth impedance to the three standard line impedances (600 ohm, 900 ohm, TBR-21). The added impedance is restricted to one of the following values:
- 82 ohm + (600 ohm || 68 nF) (TBR-38 "a")
- 220 ohm + (1800 ohm || 150 nF) (TBR-38 "c")
- 220 ohm + (820 ohm || 115 nF) (German Zr)
- 370 ohm + (620 ohm || 310 nF)
- 1200 ohm
- Extended Line Feed Option: AI-E702
This hardware option expands the ability of the AI-7280 Line interface to produce 105 V DC when on hook and up to a 105 mA loop current when taken off hook. This option also increases the maximum DC current that can be measured by the instrument to 120 mA.
These features are especially useful when testing compliance of products to international standards that have the expanded DC range requirements.
More Information >>>
- Additional One Year Warranty: AI-K001
The standard product support and warranty period for the instruments is one year. This option increases the parts and labor warranty period for another year to a total of two years from date of purchase on the instrument.
- Additional Three Warranty: AI-K003
The standard product support and warranty period for the instruments is one year. This option increases the parts and labor warranty period for three more years to a total of four years from date of purchase on the instrument.
Next Section: Details